24 April 2006

Here we go

My story is a little long, and I have to leave out some details. In fact, a lot of details will be missing. I apologize.

First things first, I suppose. I'm in my early 20s. Single, but with a foreign boyfriend who does not live in the States. I'm a college student studying Computer Science and French. I work in a planetarium as the resident computer geek. But that's not what's bringing me to write this.

I'm a National Guardsmen and I'm being deployed overseas.

Stop.

Breathe.

It's okay. I volunteered. And like I've told friends and family and coworkers and everyone else: it's a lot of money (tax-free!), my benefits go up, and I get veteran status.

I need a year to get myself back into shape and get my life together.

A year to save money for my grand dream: a year studying French in Paris.

No comments: