26 December 2008

home for the holidays

I must still be jet lagged.  Rolling out of bed at six o'clock when your body thinks that it's eight o'clock is not much fun.

Wolf, Tink and I flew to Colorado for the holidays.  That was Wolf's big Christmas present: plane tickets home.  And, home we are, despite cancelled flights, flying on standby, lost luggage and a very long car ride from the airport.  I don't think I've ever used the phrase "thank you so much" as many times as I did in a twenty-four hour period -- for everything from putting us on standby, getting us on a flight, switching seats, getting us a hotel room, and assisting us with our wayward bag.  Much better than being rude with airport personnel who are already overburdened with the mess of displaced people who are everywhere but where they should be.

But, all is well.  We're here, and everyone important is happy to have us here.  I might not be at my home for the holidays, there might be tons of family drama and people to meet, but this is definitely much better than spending it in the sandbox.

No comments: