06 January 2009

such is life

Wolf is leaving much earlier for his training than we expected. Brownies are sitting on the stove, waiting for him to come home for the precious few hours before his very long plane ride. He's going to be gone for awhile.

You'd think that I would be used to this by now. My training, my deployment, Driver's long days on the road, Wolf's departure from the sandbox, Walter Reed, Wolf's long hours at work. The dogs keep me company and I have friends nearby, but it's not the same. He'll be gone. I'll be here at the apartment alone or with my parents. Contact, as usual during field training, will be extremely limited. I can't just pick up the phone and call him. We have no control over the situation be it departures or arrivals, orders coming down, messed-up paperwork, training, or even work that had to be completely done yesterday.

I might have married him, but the Army had him first.

No comments: