02 June 2007

I know I should

My face is buried in the space between his shoulder and the couch as he tells me that I need professional help. He didn't get much sleep. And he really didn't like what I had to say to him last night, either.

"That's throwing everything away -- your friends, your family, me, your future, the Peace Corps..." His voice trails off. He's upset. I don't blame him. He likes to be happy, and he wants me to be happy.

"Why do you think about those things?" Like I want to. "Think about happy things instead..." If it were that easy.

I don't want to go back. Two of my friends have been medevac'd in the same 24-hour period, one rather unexpectedly. I am afraid of popping another so-called happy pill. I can't stand the thought of sitting in the doctor's office, or even entering the building.

And yes, I know I should.

No comments: