03 July 2007

please, be nothing

Frustration is going to Urgent Care in pain to be told to take your medication, take Motrin, drink water, and go back to work. Or having a provider hint that everything might be caused by constipation. Or fighting busy signals for a week to schedule an appointment.

Meanwhile, I'm reluctantly taking Percocet and cutting evenings short with friends so I can lay doped up in my bunk for some relief from the pain.

All of my tests so far have been negative.

We're all hoping it's nothing serious.

3 comments:

I_play_magic said...

hey, don't stop taking your antibiotics. the best cure against any sorts of infection is to take antibiotics until the infection or pain is totally gone.

Anonymous said...

Oh. i'm sorry for have tried to be smart :P i hope you're ok. or at least, be ok soon. it must be horrible carrying all that pain while you still have to work. being a woman sucks a lot sometimes. i guess i have to book an appointment for a cervical smears as well. -sher

Techno said...

It's okay -- I had just forgotten to keep you updated on things. The guys and I talk about it all of the time, but they don't quite understand. My appointment is soon, I'll email you with more details.

Working on pain killers is, to say the least, interesting... good thing I have an office job.

And yes, book your appointment before you get on the plane!