05 June 2006

contrasts

Sweetheart called me while he was still at the range. Our conversation was punctuated by the bang-bang-bang of machine gun fire.

On the very scary plane ride home, I pretty much decided that MeuAmor, the Army, and I are not going to work out. He's been angry about my deployment since I told him about it, and it hasn't gotten any better. I cancelled my trip to Brazil, and now I'm breaking it off with the Brazilian boyfriend. Go figure, eh?

In not so many words, he told me that it was him or the Army. Amor, I love you, I'm crazy about you, but don't make ultimatums involving the Army. You will always lose. He says that he said it in anger. It doesn't matter. It stung then and it hurts now.

Everyone else has not exactly been okay with it, but at least no one has been angry. At least not like he has been.

I went to the club last week in tears. Instructor Playa talked to me. Fifi talked to me. Chica talked to me. And Sweetheart spent the night talking to me, dancing with me, and making sure that I was alright.

Such a contrast.

No comments: