27 June 2006

broken foot

I left my phone behind for most of the day, thinking that no one is going to bother to call me. (As usual, everyone is busy or forgot my existance!) When I finally get around to checking it, I saw that I had a voicemail message from Fifi.
"Hey Techno, it's Fifi... *pause* My m-effing foot is broke. I'm so effing mad. *sniffle* And, um I don't know when I'll be able to use the phone again. Um, they're sending me off post apparently to get a cast. *pause, sniffle* I'm pissed. Anyways, I'll talk to you later, bye."
Wow. The poor thing was in tears. And you know it's bad when Fifi is both crying and swearing. I feel like the shittiest friend ever for taking a whole 12 hours to respond.

The only good thing is that since it happened on Uncle Sam's time and since it's documented, she won't have to worry about paying for treatment. If there's a problem later, it'll be taken care of.

The bad thing is that the time that she needs to heal is longer than the time she has left in mobilization training. Fifi may not mob. Or she may mob late. Either way, it's really going to affect things.

Stupid wall. Stupid me.

No comments: