08 June 2006

trying

He wants to try, so we'll try. We had a long talk about a lot of things, including the deployment. Fifi's advice was probably the best: it's just a reaction to deployment, and there's nothing about it that is in his control.

It just kills me that I'm supposed to be in Brazil right now. Such is life.

Speaking of Fifi, she called from her mobilization station. The Army never ceases to amaze me. There is no running water in her barracks, the latrine/shower point is roughly 50 meters away, battle buddy teams are required to go anywhere, have to sleep with your weapon, and other nonsense. Also, her bulletproof vest is two sizes too large and the plates to go in said vest are two sizes too small. They've issued her all of the cold weather gear that a soldier stationed in Alaska could hope for... when she's going to Iraq. And, the ultimate military nonsurprise: her paperwork is screwed up. We love the Army, not.

Sgt Z called and told me that AT is unofficially officially optional. And that we'll be under the command of the gaining unit around next week-ish. I'm excited. In case you were curious, I never did find out if I was "officially excused" from the band AT.

Still trying, regardless.

No comments: