24 February 2007

getting help

Earlier this week I had my check-up with the new Mental Health doc. I don't think she was expecting to see a patient that was quite perky and full of energy. We talked about a few things, including what I came in for and a few things that had gone on earlier in the year. I told her what I planned to do, what I've been doing, and what I'm going to do. As far as medication is concerned, the only thing we're doing is changing my birth control pills.

I have a funny feeling that having a day off and away from camp helped, as well as meditation at Circle, and basically never letting myself be alone. While Driver is out doing his job, some of the guys from Circle are keeping an eye on me. Which, really, is nothing more than hanging out in Wolf's room playing around on computers. The other night I participated in my first LAN party in months -- just another one of those things that I miss from home and I didn't think I'd be able to do out here.

There are some things that I have to take care of that should help the whole situation. I don't want to write about it because I haven't actually done anything but talk about it. It's not a pleasant situation.

But, I am doing better. It's taken many visits to the Troop Medical Clinic, surrounding myself with friends, and letting myself get the help I need rather than sweeping it all under the rug.

1 comment:

Dr. Alan Weldon said...

Techno
Sorry about the rough time, wish I could help. All I can say is that I'm praying for you and you're continued help. You are not alone
Doc Weldon