11 December 2006

so long already?

It's been roughly six months since I've started all of this crazy Army stuff. Six very long months. And I still feel uneasy in uniform. Will it get better?

Also, it's amazing who I still maintain contact with and who I don't. Fifi and I text, email or talk a few times a week and I've been fortunate enough to see her once since we've been over here. We keep each other sane. I avoid LittleBit to the best of my ability, for the sake of my sanity. So tired of hearing about weddings, and I almost hope that I never fret over the details of one. InfantryMedic sends email, and sometimes attaches videos of himself just chatting away. His emails are signed with an acronym that I don't understand. Sweetheart sends messages now and then, but since he's told me about his baby I've tried to do my best to drop off the radar. He doesn't like to talk about himself or his situation. I live with Twig, but not for much longer. According to her, out of the females that are here, I know her best. I go days without seeing Sgt Z, which is quite sad. I miss my mentor and all of her guidence.

To say that my life has changed significantly since the start of this would be an understatement. Some of it's for the best, and I keep telling myself that.

Such a pity that I had to come out to the middle of nowhere to do it, but I think Ipo has a point: the Army is the easiest, quickest means I have of uprooting, going elsewhere and leaving all of that crap normally associated with my life behind.

I am lucky that I have such great friends.

No comments: