26 April 2007

quotes from friends

In case I haven't mentioned it before, I love my friends -- both near and far.

Quotes from my favorite high school era boys, who are still my best source of information as to how the male brain works:
Techno: Talk to you later, punk.
Rocky: Punk? Fuck that. I'm a super punk!
Techno: Ok, super punk!
Techno: Boys are stupid.
FakeBoyfriend: Duh. One of these days you're going to log in and tell me something shocking. Clearly, today is not one of those days.
Rocky still has an affection for the weird and unusual. I would be worried otherwise.

From Dragonette, when we were talking about mental health stuff: "The sandbox just makes you sad!" She's got a very good point. (Psst... I miss you!!)

And the whole three sentences I've heard from Driver since he's been out and about in Europe are a little anticlimatic when you've been waiting for news for days. "Me in Paris. Me good. I LOVE EUROPE!!" He won't write much, but as soon as he gets back he won't be able to shut up.

Primo's English isn't the greatest and hasn't made the leaps and bounds that MeuExAmor's did once upon a time. But the meaning is there and I understand him just fine. It's been too long since I've seen him.
Beautiful photos. I like [them] all. Amazing, awesome. Even [though] you are in there for a work you try to have time to get some fun. Enjoy this, you deserve all [of] the good things. With love, Primo
ItalianGrandpa, who has emailed me without fail since I left for training nearly a year ago: "Techno, we are at Aunt's. Will say hi for you. We miss you here, hurry home."

From Knocker, an Aussie sailor whom I met in Hong Kong. We trade notes on military life and the "weird" cultural stuff we encounter while we're away from home. His shipmates are a crazy bunch.
Singapore is ok. Went to a place called the '4 floors of whores' tonight. There were working girls everywhere. They didn't like me saying no. I was worried about one that talked to me. Her voice was deeper than mine. Left after that. It's not my thing.
And back at the planetarium, one of the professors sat on the phone with me coming up with snarky mottos for my job, all based around "paperwork corps!"

I miss them all.

No comments: