10 July 2006

medical issues... and deployment

I know, I know, I usually write about people and relationships, but this is just as important as them.

In November 2005, I had an outbreak of shingles which did not get treated with antivirals -- mainly because my doctor thought I had two unrelated problems. For those of you that haven't had shingles, they suck. And if you don't get them treated with antivirals, they suck more. Because then the pox heal and you're left with scarring and pain.

Lots of pain.

And that's what I'm dealing with now. I have good days and I have bad days. My bad days are becoming fewer and fewer and I'd like for them to stay that way. But I'm also going to do as much as I can to help.

I can't take the normal drug cocktail and deploy. This is a choice that I've made, and I'll make it work. So, I'm searching for other things I can do. These include dietary and lifestyle changes as well as adding supplements.

So far, so good. Hopefully, it'll all work out.

No comments: