31 July 2006

quick update -- LIVE!

Survived the roadmarch only to have problems in class. Talk about sucktastic. If I wasn't really a heat casualty before this place, I definitely would consider myself one now.
*****

So, open mouth, insert foot, chew vigorously. The money the MeuAmor got from selling/trading computer parts went to pay for part of his dad's doctor bills. Which he didn't get a chance to tell me because I just went off on him. Oops.

*****

Fuzz failed his GED. He sounded sad about it on the phone. Another 90 days, another test. He's supposed to be studying math in the meantime. I really want him to get this done and over with before we go to Japan and Hong Kong.

*****

So so tired. Shorty today made a comment along the times of "am I the only one that feels like a baby?" We all told her no, she's not the only one. In one of my classes today, I was so tired and so hot that I just cried. Mercenary and Chief questioned it, but that's all it was -- exhaustion. I fully intend to just go back to the barracks and crash tonight.

Seriously, I took about three or four showers today. And it seems like everywhere we go -- class, the barracks, briefings, chow -- is in a freakin' sweat shack.

*****

They check our smallpox vaccination site tomorrow. I can see a big pox under my band aid. I'm actually curious to see what it looks like underneath. The good news is that I don't have to get jabbed another 15 times. The bad news is that I have to wait for the pox to explode.

*****

Not much of anything exciting going on. And not much time to write. Soon I'll be out in the FOB with really no time to write.

Now, if the Dell tech would hurry up and show up to fix my laptop. Then the world would be okay.

No comments: