28 July 2006

written on 23 July 2006

All of this feels like some sort of twisted deja vu. We're in the same block as we were during reclass school, in the same kind of barracks, and on the top floor. I managed to have the same bunk location. LittleBit's area is right next to mine, just like the last time we were up here. And most of the people that were around during reclass are here as well. It's so weird. I keep looking to the corner where Fifi's bunk was, but she's not there. I'm missing her a lot right now.
And no, it still doesn't feel real.

*****

Most of this week will be inprocessing, which means a lot of hurrying up and waiting. Oh joy. But hopefully I'll get a lot of reading done, which would be a good thing.

We're actually supposed to be on an accelerated schedule, as the group that we'll merge with is ahead of us. I'm hearing all sorts of guesses as to what our days are going to be like, how long we'll be here, and other time-related things. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I'm on the Army's time now and there's not much I can do about that other than go with the flow. We really don't know if we'll have time to go to the computer labs, call home, go to the PX and other personal time stuff. So if I don't update or email, don't freak out. I'm probably just super busy, as things tend to be when you're really not in control of your time.

*****

I just wish that they would turn on the AC in the barracks. It's nasty and icky up there with ten bodies moving around. And not all of us can open our windows since we're missing screens. My window included.

I shouldn't complain too much -- the barracks that we were supposed to be in were much much worse. Brown water coming out of the faucets, no tile on the floor, windows were covered in plastic, and the toilets were not in stalls and were so cramped together that your knees would be able to touch the knees of the person across from you. Oh yes, and we can't forget about the asbestous. Yeah... we have very good people taking care of us that made sure that we had decent living conditions.

We're trying the make the best out of living in an open bay for the next few weeks. We'll still get on each other's nerves, and I'm sure that I'll be writing all about it.

*****

One of the females (who didn't go to reclass) brought a DVD player but no DVDs. She flipped through mine and picked out "He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not" -- one of my French movies. I'm really hoping that she's not thinking that it's a love story, because it's so not. But I still thought that it was cool that she went ahead and flipped through my discs even after I told her that they were foreign. No one at reclass really showed much interest.

*****

Anyways, stuff to do. Late nights and early mornings make for a long week.

No comments: