22 July 2006

Quando voce vem? / Onde esta meu amor?

I'm missing MeuAmor today. I talked to him and Mãe on the phone today and yesterday, during my breaks between briefings and other assorted pre-mobilization things. It's good to hear their voices, even if I know that I'm not going to see them for a long time.
Mãe: Quando você vem?
Techno: Não sei.
Mãe: Não sabe?
Techno: Não, não. Eu quero, mas...
Mãe: Mas você não pode.
Techno: Sim.
"Quando você vem?" I hate that question. Not because Mãe is being nosy. (She's not.) But because everytime she asks it, I really do wonder when I'm going to see them. I really don't know when I'll be back on a plane to Brazil. And it sucks, because while I've gotten a chance to spend time with my family here in the States, I haven't had a chance to spend time with them. It's already been nearly a year since I've seen them last.

I miss MeuAmor. And his entire family.

*****
Ela passou do meu lado
Oi, amor - eu lhe falei
Você está tão sozinha
Ela então sorriu pra mim
Foi assim que a conheci
Naquele dia junto ao mar
As ondas vinham beijar a praia
O sol brilhava de tanta emoção
Um rosto lindo como o verão
E um beijo aconteceu

Nos encontramos à noite
Passeamos por aí
E num lugar escondido
Outro beijo lhe pedi
Lua de prata no céu
O brilho das estrelas no chão
Tenho certeza que não sonhava
A noite linda continuava
E a voz tão doce que me falava
O mundo pertence a nós

E hoje a noite não tem luar
E eu estou sem ela
Já não sei onde procurar
Não sei onde ela está
Hoje a noite não tem luar
E eu estou sem ela
Já não sei onde procurar
Onde está meu amor?
--"Hoje a Noite Não Tem Luar" - Legião Urbana

*****

It's just really hard to see other soldiers with their spouses, significant others, siblings, parents, and other assorted family members without thinking about those that I haven't seen for quite some time, that I'm not going to see for awhile, that don't live anywhere nearby, and on top of everything else, that I have a hard time communicating with due to language barriers.

I keep telling myself that I'll see them soon. And all I can do is cross my all my fingers and toes and hope that it'll be true.

No comments: