01 August 2006

oops -- LIVE

"Hey Techno, watch out for that ditch!!"

Yeah.... I got so excited that the Dell guy was here to replace my motherboard that I tripped crossing a ditch that I probably cross twenty times a day, sending my Kelvar helmet rolling across the road and putting me about eye level with a government van that was probably not even 100 meters down the road. Talk about scary.

The good part is that I only scraped up my knee and thumb. Nothing else was broken or torn. Yay me!

The bad part is that I will forever be teased. FOREVER.

On the other hand, when I did battle drills today, I hit the ground so hard that both my helmet and glasses fell off. But at least I didn't hurt myself.

And just in case you were wondering, yes, my laptop is all happy now. We're going to celebrate by playing WarCraft, naturally.

*****

Smallpox bandage got changed and it's a big white blister that I really want to pop. It itches like crazy -- probably just as bad as my shingles itched. And that was not pleasant at all. At least this is only on my arm.

We're supposed to change the bandage everyday, and throw the used bandaids in a biohazard bag. Highly contagious stuff. Kinda gross and scary. And we're all living in close quarters... and the Army is all like "eh, whatever!"

Uhh... Okay then. Good thing the Army is not supposed to make sense.

*****

Some serious shit happened to the artillary boys. I don't know if Sweetheart was affected, he hasn't emailed. Twig mentioned it either this morning or last night, I can't remember. Just hope that each and every one of them is okay.

The news is hard to watch when you know someone that goes in and out of the wire everyday. He says it's his job, to not worry, but, I do.

No comments: