09 August 2006

a lua me chama -- August 4

"A lua me chama, chama..."

I looked up at the stars last night and immediately picked out the Big Dipper, or rather, Ursa Major in the sky between barracks. I was surprised at how big it was, and realized that this was a sign that I had seen it one too many times on the dome at work if I really thought it was a small constellation. My summer night sky constellation finding-skills suck, and I don't have my constellation book with me.

I've also been watching the moon go through it's phases, noting both it's position in the sky and the position of the sun in respect to the moon. I should be logging this stuff somewhere, but I'm trying to figure it out in my head in the meantime. Did you know that the only way that the Earth goes through phases when viewed from the moon was if you were to actually get up and move? Yeah, I thought it was pretty interesting too.

Too bad that the base I'll be on will probably have light pollution problems. Otherwise it'd be an awesome sky to look up at.

*****

Written by MeuAmor roughly a year ago:

Oi amor, estou escrevendo isto aqui pra você para lhe dizer que sinto muito sua falta quando você não está, sinto muito sua falta quando eu tenho aquelas noites em que estamos pensando um no outro e não estamos perto... Você sabe, eu estou pensando muito em você mas isto não tem como ficar melhor, você e tudo de bom que um homem poderia querer, então não se esqueca nunca que eu te amo muito e que eu nunca vou te deixar sozinha, não importa o problema que você tenha!! I love you baby!!!! *smwah*


*****


I don't know. I think I need more sleep.

No comments: