03 August 2006

quick update

I totally made the First Sergeant's computer my bitch and am in the process of making a database to make everyone's lives much easier. We were inputting soldier data in Excel, but each soldier was saved as a seperate Excel file. Seriously, I was inputting in Excel like a good (dumb) soldier and was just shuddering. It took me about an hour to set up the database without sketching it out beforehand.

Afterwards, the First Sergeant let me know through the wonderful chain of command that he wants me to show him how to use it. So I scored brownie points, majorly.

*****

Sweetheart emailed. He's alright, just super busy. Which I can definitely understand. Just worry when I don't hear from him for days on end and then hear about an attack on his group.

This will be a part of life for awhile.

*****

It's been a year since I've seen MeuAmor and his family. It feels so much more longer than that.
Can I get on the plane to Hong Kong now?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, please. Hong Kong needs you to be here.

sher

Anonymous said...

Seriously, I love how MS Excel has become a poor-man's MySQL. Which is ironic. Because MySQL is free.

Ok, end of sympathetic rant. =)