26 August 2006

still miss you - written on 25 August 2006

Recently, I recieved an email from Fifi, stating that she arrived safe and sound. An excerpt of my favorite part:
I got up this morning and thought that I was walking on the surface of the sun and then it got hot. [...] The ride here was about 3 hours, [...] But there is nothing like driving down the street in a really big bus and have a truck pass you and a camel in the back looking in your window.
I know that the email seems positive, but you almost have to know her to understand how she conveys her emotions. She doesn't sound so good, but that's kind of to be expected. Her life has been in total upheaval before she even came to reclass school. Fifi had just finished another MOS school before coming to our school, and overall, has spent more time on active duty than at home with her family. Her daughter is pregnant and having complications -- plus the baby is due before Fifi can get R&R leave. SilentType, who she was really looking forward to seeing again, dumped her via email. And on top of all of that, she's been shipped off to a foreign country.

I just hope that she'll be okay.

This time it's not personal
The universe will help you now
To find a place you can breathe
And do what you've got to do
Keep taking it easy

Come on, I'll let you borrow my four leaf clover
Come on, take it with you, you can pass it on
Come on, you know that I'm not the kind to say that it's over
We'll be rubbing shoulders once again in the sun
--"Four Leaf Clover" by Badly Drawn Boy

Dear Fifi, I still miss you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm currently in school camp so I wouldn't be able to talk to you on phone. Ugh, laptops suck though.

Shirley