19 May 2007

the desert makes me sad

Lucky: "How are you holding up?"
Techno: "Shitty. I want to go home."
Lucky: "Did something happen with the boyfriend?"
Techno: "No, he's just never here. Always on the road. He's a truck driver."
Lucky: "So what's going on?"
Techno: "I'm just tired of playing Army. I want to go home."
And it's not like good things aren't happening here. I was just awarded a Commander's coin and a Certificate of Achievement for all of the very hard work that I've been doing in the office. Today was spent at another base, and I got a chance to do public affairs work. My friends have been letting me tap into their commercial internet and gave me the great advice to turn my laptop into a phone so I can call home after-hours.

Even though I get up, go to work, and do my best, I'm just ready to go home.

I think Dragonette is right: the desert makes me sad.

No comments: