12 May 2007

this is what frustration sounds like

Driver came back, and is now gone again. Such is life. I stood at the door to his barracks with a pouty face and the usual "I hate your job", knowing that it didn't matter what I said or did -- they were going to roll early the next morning. He is hinting that it might be like this for the rest of our tour. I'm frustrated. And worried. You know, the usual. How do the ones left in the rear deal with all of this?

I want to go back to the days of worrying about finals and crashing unix servers with bad code. Tired of water outages, tired of the sun, tired of the heat, tired of convoys coming and going, tired of dealing with immunization records, tired of Excel, tired of dealing with overly friendly male Soldiers. I am ready to go home. I am ready to have my life back. Can I have it, pretty please?

Mom is having one more cardiac test done, and then a cath. Maybe angioplasty. In theory, she'll call Red Cross who will then call my command and things will be sorted out as to whether or not I'll get to go home for the procedure. Crossing all of my fingers and toes, and hoping that it's not so serious.

I think it's time to make another appointment with Mental Health. With another doctor.

At least it's Saturday. I can lay in my bed until noon tomorrow and no one will care.

1 comment: