14 May 2006

jello shot

It started with a fuzzy navel jello shot.

I was standing at the bar idly sipping on my cranberry and vodka while chatting with Fifi. Twig and LittleBit had ran off to be with their men. I wasn't even going to go out, but after the conversation I had with MeuAmor, I didn't even care.

Standing in the bottom bay, watching a convoy of military vechiles go by, I listened to MeuAmor's voice as he explained rather impatiently that he was busy, that he didn't want me to call back, that he didn't have time to talk, that a client was giving him a hard time about not having his computer ready on time. His voice got louder and louder, thinking that I couldn't hear him. I heard every word, every word that cresandoed into the next. I just wanted to talk to him. He said that he wanted to, too. No time no time no time. I was tired of waiting.

So I went out with the girls. Fifi and I ended up standing at the bar. Two guys across the way were chasing jello shots with beer. Their next round, the bartender handed us a couple of shots. The guys joined us shortly afterwards, asking if we were spouses or soldiers. They swore they were single. After showing off my apparently erotic jello shot technique, we struck up a conversation.

It wasn't long until I had a twenty-something drunk sergeant glued to my side, bullshitting about everything and anything. I actually didn't mind the attention. And he was paying for the drinks. What was he hoping for? Someone to warm his bed? He managed to talk me into dancing with him. His hand on my ass, my hand brushing his arm, feeling the tense muscles underneath. This was dangerous.

Another shot from LittleBit 's man, and I was feeling pretty good. The drunk sergeant was trying -- holding me closer, describing his room, asking about my barracks. He said he wanted to kiss me. Flattering. I actually considered it for a bit, in my drunken haze. I wanted to feel good. I wanted to feel wanted. I wanted to kiss him.

But I knew where to draw the line.

Twig and LittleBit finished with their men, and they all came to collect me.

Back at the barracks, all I could think of was MeuAmor.

The sergeant lied. He was married.

No comments: