24 May 2006

mixed day

We took the test of DOOM this morning. The one that we've delayed twice this past week. The one that I actually had test anxiety over. I never get test anxiety. But lecture to me before I take a test about how difficult it is and how "no matter how hard you try, I will not let you fail thisss tessssss" and yeah, I get a little nervous.

No need to worry, I only missed one question out of rushing to finish. And they gave us half the right answers anyways. No joke.

So, after much hyperventilating and freaking out from my classmates, we go to lunch and come back to our new instructor. Who I can't believe is actually allowed to be an instructor, except for the fact that he gets the job done. He is so anti-Army and anti-typical-soldier-stereotype that it's actually very refreshing. Instead of addressing us by our rank in class, he just calls us all "playa". "Playa, read paragraph 2-15 charlie to the class." "Playa, what did you get for number five?" "No no, playa, explain it in your own words!" "Don't call me over the weekend, because this playa is staying in the hotel off post." Also, he jokes about everything even if it's very very serious. I haven't laughed so much in an Army class before. It's great.

And he lets us make our own schedule, playa.

Class is great but I'm not sure how I'm feeling myself. Since we got out of class early, I showered and crawled into my bunk to nap. Not sure how long I slept (other than through dinner chow) but when I woke up, LittleBit was just coming back from the gym. Still in bed, I told her that I didn't want to go out tonight. I had cancelled my platonic dinner date, I didn't want to go out to the club, and I was really trying to motivate myself to walk to the library. LittleBit just looks at me and says "I think you're depressed".

Me? Depressed? No.

Me? Homesick? Definitely not.

Me? Dealing (or not) with things that are way out of my control? Yeah, that would be it.

And I really didn't feel like going out. I don't do it at home, why start now? The club isn't exactly a good place for me to hang out. Fifi and LittleBit would run off with their men, and I'm either a third wheel or hit on by some sleazy soldier. Not exactly my idea of fun.

Eight days and a wakeup, or something like that.

No comments: